VLM 2014 ACCOMMODATION.

Training advice, motivation and race day planning for the Virgin London Marathon
Forum rules
FITZY
Pilus Posterior

VLM 2014 ACCOMMODATION.

Postby FITZY » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Please note that Shelton Striders Running Club are again organising a trip to next year's London Marathon.

Essentially the price is £80 and includes accommodation in London on the Saturday evening before the race as well as coach travel to/from Nottingham/Derby - London and also travel to the Excel to collect your Race No.and to the start of the race on the Sunday morning itself.

This is overall good value, very well organised and takes any pressure off making your own travel arrangements. :bounce:

This is NOT restricted to runners only so family, partners and friends are more than welcome.

I am co-ordinating this for LERC on Shelton Striders behalf so please contact me pfitzgerald@wilorg.com or 07970 346 104 if of interest and I can provide full details.
Howay the lads (and lasses)

Tigger13
Cornicen

Re: VLM 2014 ACCOMMODATION.

Postby Tigger13 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi Paddy

Paul Milner forwarded me the information that he'd received from Shelton Stirders & I've already sent my money off to cover me & Mr Lockz on the trip to the normal Shelton Strider contact, certainly is good value & no stress either (well other than running the 26.2 miles!!!)

As you are now co-ordinating for LERC can you keep me posted on any further details.

Cheers

Tigs

FITZY
Pilus Posterior

Postby FITZY » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Aha, thanks Sarah.

Roger Booth the organiser was bemoaning the lack of LERCers attending however, that was prior to you and Michael joining up!

Any questions let me know but otherwise I'll keep you updated with any changes etc.

Paddy

boyband6666
Signifer

Postby boyband6666 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:34 pm

I'll be making my own way down (probably arranging a work meeting for one of the days either side), and staying with friends, but I have heard good things about the coach journey. Otherwise though see some of you at the fast good for age start :-)

Gedge Monster
Signifer

Postby Gedge Monster » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:33 am

I booked a double room at Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge Hotel (100m or so from Tower Bridge) for Saturday and Sunday nights (late check out Monday 2pm). Plans have changed, so would anyone like to buy the two night booking from me and make a weekend of it (as we were going to)? PM me if interested.

Duncan

FITZY
Pilus Posterior

Postby FITZY » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Just to confirm the pick-up time on Saturday 12th April 2014 is 08:15 @ from Long Eaton West Park Leisure Centre unless you have made other specific arrangements via Roger Booth the organiser.

Please be at your pick-up point 5 minutes early so we can take advantage of any early running. If you change your pick-up point please tell Roger Booth (on 01332 556096 or mobile 07951 140288)

The coach will head into London and go direct to the Excel Centre at Canary Wharf for registration and the marathon exhibition. We will stay there for about an hour and a half (time for lunch).

The coach will then go direct to the hotel, the Premier Inn at Romford arriving around 3.00pm. After booking in, the rest of the day is free.

2 and a bit weeks and counting ! :bounce:

Paddy

stick
Tirones

Postby stick » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:20 pm

[quote="Gedge Monster"]I booked a double room at Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge Hotel (100m or so from Tower Bridge) for Saturday and Sunday nights (late check out Monday 2pm). Plans have changed, so would anyone like to buy the two night booking from me and make a weekend of it (as we were going to)? PM me if interested.

Duncan[/quote]

If still available duncan would you text me please 07927421459.sharon.

Return to “VLM”