26 DAYS TO GO.

Training advice, motivation and race day planning for the Virgin London Marathon
Forum rules
FITZY
Pilus Posterior

26 DAYS TO GO.

Postby FITZY » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Still time to get 1 ro 2 last long run(s) in - really 2 weeks prior to the race is the last time you should be looking to do a long 'un and perhaps ideally 3 weeks prior.

Ashby 20 miler was a good confidence boost for me and just need to stay injury free and train sensibly for the next 3 and a bit weeks.

No beer after 7th April to have a bit of a break ! On hols.from 16th April for 11 days so can have a nice rest and a week of no training !

Hope the training is going well for everyone else. :bounce:

Now we just have to hope the weather is OK on the day i.e.not a hot one! :cool:
Howay the lads (and lasses)

Woolly
Praefectus Castrorum

Re: 26 DAYS TO GO.

Postby Woolly » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:23 am

Training is going well ....eek now 23 days, long run this weekend & Belvior half next week

Then take it steady & taper down for hopefully fresh legs for the day!

No beer! One of my friends said "lets go vinopolis wine tasting if you are down for a long weekend!" Maybe not!!

Definitely feeling better about London after the Ashby 20, its all getting a bit real now, excited & a bit nervous but then it is my first marathon!
Rachel Argent, Club Secretary

FITZY
Pilus Posterior

Re: 26 DAYS TO GO.

Postby FITZY » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Vinopolis can wait til another time. :roll:

Be strict with yourself and don't have any alcohol for at least 3 days beforehand - i'm gonna stay off any for a whole week - get me i'll be joining the temperance society next!! :cool:

The race is your focus and any alcohol will taste so much nicer once you've done the run as you'll hopefully be buzzing! :bounce:

Remember to rehydrate with sports drinks / recovery shakes after the race !!

Yes, just over 3 weeks now and what with the nice weather spring is definitely in the air.

Keep the good training going!

Paddy
Howay the lads (and lasses)

Return to “VLM”