Possible Newbie

Advice and guidance when you're just starting out....
martyb49
Tirones

Possible Newbie

Postby martyb49 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:43 am

Hi All,

I am a local resident(ish) in that i am from the area but am frequently away oversea and therefore would not be able to attend as much as i would like. Are you open/ happy for members turning up ad-hoc and when available, i presume one day i will be back for longer but in the mean time i'd at least like to get to know the club and participate in some of the events.

Regards,

Martin

janeattheback
Princepales

Re: Possible Newbie

Postby janeattheback » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi Martin , of course you will be welcome to join us. Best idea is to come down to West Park Leisure Centre on either a Tuesday or Thursday (tonight even!) .Look for people hanging around the changing rooms and if they are wearing running kit make yourself known!
Jane Newbold

Kaza
Hastatus Posterior

Postby Kaza » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi Martin

I am the Club Membership Secretary and would recommend you try attending one of the club nights (Tuesday and Thursday at 19:00) and see how you like it. Our fees our quite modest currently £20 a year, which also includes free entry to several local races and a reduction on other race fees. As we are past the half way stage in our membership year this is reduced to £10. From your message I am not sure how often you would be able to attend, but you will be made welcome.

Karen Preston

rollerman
Praefectus Castrorum

Postby rollerman » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Do it Martin, I joined about 6 years ago with no intention of comeing down on Tuesday or Thursday due to shift work and kids, I am now nearly here all the time.

There is plenty of ad hoc weekend and weekly groups going out so plenty for you to join in and do. \:D/

We also have our own Jase who is away with the ROYAL ENGINEERS at the moment. :P
LERC 50 ultra finisher 2013 :)

martyb49
Tirones

Postby martyb49 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Excellent, thanks for the feedback from you all. Unfortunately i won't make tonight as i'm in Dubai :-), however i'll be back in a couple of weeks and will certainly get there. Looking forward to it

Marty

Return to “Newcomers, starting out”