Newcomer!!!

Advice and guidance when you're just starting out....
Cheza
Tirones

Newcomer!!!

Postby Cheza » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:17 am

Hi all,

My name is Cheryl Jackson and I've been running for approximatley 2 years. I've slowly improved and found the courage to do the robin hood half marathon last week and managed it in 2 hours and 15 min, which I considered fairly respectable. My target however was 2 hours and because I run by myself I've found it quite hard to progress to that level and above. Wondered if I could join your running club to try and improve. What times do you usually run and when would be the best day/time to come?

Thanks!

pabc
Admin

Postby pabc » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:36 am

Hi Cheryl,

Congratulations on completing a half marathon - 95% of the population cant!

Your best bet is to turn up on a tuesday and let us know you are coming in advance so we can make you feel welcome.
Finally got time to return to the club, both virtually and physically, and I'm on the injured step.................

vixen
Aquilifer

Postby vixen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi Cheryl,

Well done on completing the Robin Hood half marathon.

My name's Vicky and I'm the Ladies Captain. The club runs start at 7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most people get there about 6.45pm for a chat and a catchup before the run and it would be great to see you at the club.

Send me a personal message and I will make sure I am there to meet you on which every night you choose to come down.

we are a friendly bunch and you will certainly benefit from running with other people and hopefully you'll have fun as well.

Hope to see you soon,

Vicky
Fell running - it's not just for BOYS!

Cheza
Tirones

Postby Cheza » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Hey.

Thanks for getting back so fast. How far do you usually run? and more importantly..how fast?

pabc
Admin

Postby pabc » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:08 pm

Vicky runs v e r y s l o w l y... :lol:
Finally got time to return to the club, both virtually and physically, and I'm on the injured step.................

vixen
Aquilifer

Postby vixen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Ignore Pabc, he's my running buddy and he thinks he's funny!!!!!

We have three different sessions on Tuesday - a speed or hillwork session, a run of about 5 miles and a run of about 7-8 miles, and within each group people run at different paces - sub 7 min mile pace, sub 8 min mile pace, sub 9 min mile pace and over 9 min mile pace so there will be people who you can run with.

Vicky
Fell running - it's not just for BOYS!

Return to “Newcomers, starting out”