BDXC3 - 30 Nov at Bakewell showground, 11.00.
The following info has been received from the race organisers:
1) The Course - this will be a 3 lap race of approx' 4.6 miles and It involves a multi-crossing of Combs Road between the upper and lower showground sites which will be Marshalled in depth. It will be wet as the lower showground is on a similar level to the River Wye and the upper showground has boggy patches. One section in the upper showground has longer grass.
2) Directions and Parking - the course is immediately adjacent to the Bakewell Agricultural Centre. There is a large pay and display council car park here and we are requesting all runners and supporters use this facility. The centre can be accessed by following the Town Centre car parking signs on the approach to the town if using the A6 from the Matlock direction and turning right down Agricultural Way. You will see the showground as you enter the car parking area.
3) Public Toilets - the toilets at the Agricultural Centre and those nearby in the town centre adjacent to Boots the Chemist will be open from 10.00am
4) Food and Drink - our Club Chairman has negotiated a special deal with the Farmers Feast Cafe in the Agricultural Centre of discounted hot drinks, bacon cobs and a 3 meat Sunday carvery should any runners and supporters intend to stay in the town after the race. Runners will need to show a club vest to claim the discount
5) Possible Road Congestion - the race falls on the same day as the Bakewell Christmas Market so this, along with Chatsworth House being open for Christmas visitors, means the A6 from Matlock could potentially be busy. There are no road works in the area but I will let you know if this changes.
This report was brought to you by foxontherun
Click here to return to all news articles.