Runners MOT

Overdoing it? Not doing enough? Injury advice, Gels, hydration etc. All topics to do with training
DaveH
Signifer

Runners MOT

Postby DaveH » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi All,

As some of you will know I've been on the injury bench a lot lately. It seems every year or so I get some sort of injury, most of which is because of muscle imbalance or poor posture etc.

It dawned on me when at the physio that we all run, and we all seem to get similar injuries. Only the lucky few are biomechanically blessed, but the majority of us were probably never taught to run with efficient form and have underlying weaknesses or imbalances that don't show up until it's too late. I am still going through physio, and it's frightning just how many problems I have that need addressing.

So I got talking to Impact Physio (Long Eaton) and mentioned to them that someone should run a Runners MOT clinic. Amazingly, they went away and thought it over and they have decided to offer it as a service.

It is an initial 60 minute session, with a 30 minute follow up plus a report/exercise programme. This would normally cost £110, but LERC members can have it at a discounted £99. It is carried out by Chris or Becky, both have extensive sports experience.

I personally think this is a good idea. I know it might seem expensive but having just spent well over £300 on Physio's, Osteopaths, Sports Massage, Drugs, Stability Shoes etc plus countless days off work, I wish I could have prevented the whole sorry mess.

I've not actually had the MOT so can't make a personal recommendation but i'm definately considering it for when i'm back to full fitness.

Their Number if you're interested is 0115 972 1319

Dave Harper

Return to “Injuries”