Tibialis Anterior syndrome

Overdoing it? Not doing enough? Injury advice, Gels, hydration etc. All topics to do with training
mattsalt
Discens

Tibialis Anterior syndrome

Postby mattsalt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:31 am

Hi guys,

Has anyone else ever suffered from tibialis anterior syndrome (poor spelling i know!)?

I suffer from a "broken" shin pain when pushing my running on... either from doing more distance work or running quicker...

I have access to a physio at work who diagnosed the problem and always patches me up with a bit of massage and ultrasound... and i find that NSAID's help... but keen to find a more permant cure as i am competing in the nottingham half in september and need up my miles without knackering myself up!

Has anyone tried and compression wear or special socks/insoles etc to help with this - it's similar to shin splints and is caused by over tight calves... i stretch before and after every run and in between runs but never seems to full go away!

any help greatly appreciated! :biggrin:
Matt

pal155
Aquilifer

Postby pal155 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:44 pm

Matt,
Suffered with shin splints on/off, think most of us have.
Might help if you can run on softer ground was told to do thi,s had no effect on me. Trail/Canal.

Also try stretching more, the tendancy is when your injured, or struggling is to skip or miss bits of your warm up.

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/ar ... plints.php
..only me...

Return to “Injuries”