No running for 2 months!

Overdoing it? Not doing enough? Injury advice, Gels, hydration etc. All topics to do with training
FITZY
Pilus Posterior

No running for 2 months!

Postby FITZY » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:53 pm

I have a hernia and so on Drs.instructions haven't ran now since the end of November. Having an op.to get it sorted on 7th Jan. Hope to be back running by the end of January. Really missing it so if you can run, and have perhaps lost your mojo or are deliberating whether to get out for a run, Just Do It. You never know when you might not be able to! :bounce:
Howay the lads (and lasses)

Heavyman
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Re: No running for 2 months!

Postby Heavyman » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:52 pm

hear hear fitzy, sorry to hear that mate, get better soon
Pound for pound am i the fastest?

EdMurden
Discens

Postby EdMurden » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Good words Pad!
I have had pain for in the 'hernia-region' since October. Just been ticking-over with steady runs/cycling. Got an ultrasound scan in a few weeks time, hopefully to find something less severe.
Might I recommend playing the latest Killing Joke album 'Pylon' to cheer yourself up :-)

Ed

FITZY
Pilus Posterior

Postby FITZY » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Let me know how you get on Ed.!

I had my op.just over a week ago and am recovering with a lot of rest- my target, all being well, is to start back with a very gentle Park run on 30th Jan.

The thing I really miss is the running itself and of course that feel good factor that you get after completing your run. Clearly people who don't exercise don't know what they're missing! I work with a lot of people who think that a walk to the chocloate cupboard is their daily constitutional!

Release those endorphins!! :bounce:

Some heavy industrial post punk might just do the trick but no jumping around of course!
Howay the lads (and lasses)

boyband6666
Signifer

Postby boyband6666 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:30 pm

If you want to borrow some good running books to get you excited before coming back, send me a PM. I can drop off some that I'm sure you won't have read.

Return to “Injuries”