Any decisions on race I am just conscious the trend is to go for pre entry and I actually am going to get my races in this year.
After that, the selection will be much as before, including all league races and Notts AAA county champs (except Retford Half - 12 Mar). The Marathon mini-league seemed to go well last year, as did the inclusion of a GP series final table mini-league.
With Easter being later this year, there will be a 4-week gap between the Weston 5 and BDRRL1.
Any sensible suggestions below, while I have time to consider them.
Castle rock 10k
Tim weatherhall mile - would mean people could have a crack in wilko s challenge
Notts 5miler if it goes ahead
Are all ones I have enjoyed outside of the league's and county races
Others like belper rugby rover but that is a most silly distance
Yes Belper Rover is good, plenty did it last year.
For something similar but shorter, loads of us did Mayday Challenge.
Its pre-entry but doesn't sell out, not too far away....and has plenty of sandwiches and cake.
- Derby 10k
- Erewash 4 mile
- Belper rugby rover (I haven't dne it in year, but it is a well run race, and a bit longer than the typical summer ones which are circa 5 miles)
- No races that sell out months before the race itself: It creates a burden and barrier to taking part which is kind of the opposite of the aim of it!
Controversial points (x2):
- Given how close the current winter league is, and how close some have been in the past 5 years (4 points separating 1-4), we need to see a limit of 19 races in the league. With 10 to count this means you have to have at least one race where 2 people have raced to get a head to head record, and can't have a tie at the top decided on something arbitrary like miles raced.
- Linked to the point above, and also point in the last LERC email about how all targeting the same series we can do quite well, I think only one of the summer leagues should be in the SL scoring; we have enough runners posting good results in seniors and masters categories to have a real go. The results in the XC have been impressive, and I'll hopefully be back to act as a counter soon in coming out of winter hibernation and recovering from surgery.
When there are SL races on a Tuesday and Wednesday, you aren't sure which one the club's priority is, so just pick one at random or based on easiest location to get to (as negotiating a get out from kids bath times plus a hard effort 2 days in a row can't happen). There is nothing stopping people from doing both leagues (I'll certainly do some of both), but focusing on one as a team we are in with a real shout of a podium spot, or even an outright victory. Set the tone from the start by only including one of the leagues, which also leaves more spots in the 19 for the other races people are suggesting.
2. Notts Easter 10k Mon 17 Apr
3. NRRL1 - Hexgreave Park Wed 19 Apr
4. BDL2 - Ilkeston Rugby Club Tue 9 May
5. NRRL2 - Holme Pierrepont Wed 10 may
6. Carsington 7+ Sun 14 May
7. Sinfin 10k Sun 14 May
8. Beeston AC Trent 5 Wed 24 May
9. The Ramathon Sun 4 Jun
10. BDL3 - Denby Pottery Centre Tue 6 Jun
11. NRRL3 - Redhill RR Wed 14 or 21 Jun
12. Notts 10 mile (County Champs) Fri 16 Jun
13. Grand Prix Series final table Thu 6 Jul Must complete series to score.
14. NRRL4 - Worksop College Wed 12 or 19 Jul
15. Crich Monument Sat 15 Jul
16. BDL4 - Carsington Water Tue 18 Jul
17. The Run (4 mile) late Jul ??
18. Newstead AD 5k (County Champs) Fri 28 Jul
19. NRRL5 - Teversal Grange Wed 2 Aug
20. BDL5 - Shipley CC Tue 8 Aug
21. Castle Rock 10k (County Champs) Fri 4 Aug
22. Belper 30k Sun 20 Aug
23. SL/FL Combo - Black Rocks or Ricky’s? ??? FL Org Mario to decide.
24. Wilne 10k Sun 3 Sep
25. Final full marathon table (incl RHM) Sun 24 Sep To include any full marathon result.
Last edited by foxontherun on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robin Hood Half is very expensive and has been left out in recent years in favour of other halfs. The Newark Half could still be added to go with the Ramathon.
I can't find a correct date for the Tara Kinder, but either that or the Newark Half could go in? 26 races is a good number, but no more.
The Tim Wealthall Miles and/or Richard Belton 5k track races are a bit too "niche" for this. Our keenest runners should still give it/them a try though.
Finally, I was all for the idea of a max of 19 races, thus ensuring that the top two would have to go head-to-head at least once. However, leaving out well-established and popular local races, and therefore not showing that support to fellow clubs was hard to justify when we have systems in place to decide who wins in the event of a tie. The recent WL Senior Men's table demonstrates this.
Thanks for the list I will use this as my guide from now on.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest