It's all too quiet. Again.

Like it hilly? Discuss your affliction in here.
wilko
Princeps Posterior

It's all too quiet. Again.

Postby wilko » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:06 pm

It would be great if someone on the committee could get a grip of communicating what is happening or is about to happen related to running issues by emailing information out to club members and also posting in the news section front of website and in an appropriate forum also on this website.

Is the committee behind the following? If so please inform everybody at the club and send out an email to call for support and to promote!

New and long-standing members alike need to be kept well-informed of club matters.

BMAF relays 27th October at West Park. Rob Fox has already sent out an email and Tim Baggs has stepped up to organise a the men V45-54 team but have we got anything happening for the other teams on the day? Email support and further promotion by the committee please.

English XC relay champs Berry Hill November 3rd info at:
http://www.englishcrosscountry.co.uk/th ... lays/info/
Email support and promotion by the committee please.

XC season starts in October with local races in 3 leagues:
Booth's Decorators;
East Midlands;
North-Mids.
These are great events, well organised, very popular and free!

January 5th, separate Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire county XC champs run together at Wollaton Park. I organise the Nottinghamshire XC team.

Lots of other races about. Email support and promotion by the committee please.

Entry deadlines are looming for the BMAF XC and English XC.

Can someone sort out the Runner of the Month on the front of the website? Pete Machin deservedly got recognition back in November 2017 and remains there! To the casual observer it either means no one at the club merits Runner of the Month since late 2017, or that no one takes an interest in keeping the website up to date or worse, no one really cares (I did email the club chairman about this mid-August). Either keep it fresh or scrap it.

The usual apologies if all the above is well in hand and on Facebook and, as usual if it is, please email it out and post on this club website somewhere obvious.

Thanks in advance, Rich Wilkinson

Richman
Tirones

Re: It's all too quiet. Again.

Postby Richman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi Richard, I am trying to organise a masters team for the 35-44 category but not promising at the moment, many are either unavailable or not fit. There's only myself, maybe Adam White if he is fit, I am having to ask some guys from category above to down age such as Dave Boot and Paddy. Dave Boot however is also unavailable. I have kept Rob up to date with this. I know entry needs to be in by Sunday, I will keep asking
Thanks, Rich Howe

wilko
Princeps Posterior

Re: It's all too quiet. Again.

Postby wilko » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:05 am

Thanks for sorting this out Rich hopefully some others will help you out to make a team up. This is another national championships and the club policy is that entries are paid for by the club.

Each relay leg is only 3 k on a firm grass surface on a pancake flat course. It's hard to fathom why we can't get teams out for this event, OUR own LERC organised national championship!

Return to “Fell and Off Road”