Carsington Water breakfast run

Running at the weekend or away from the Club? Let people know when, how long & how fast - you might get some company
TheCheesemaker
Tirones

Carsington Water breakfast run

Postby TheCheesemaker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 am

After last year's roaring success of an event we're looking to do it again this year.

An early start at the visitor centre for either one or two undulating laps of the reservoir. Approx. 7.5 miles each lap.

When everyone has finished there will be bacon (or veggie alternative) butties and a cuppa available (feel free to bring baked goodies, too).

There may be an option for camping over the night before but we'll explore that possibility a little closer to the date.

All welcome!

TheCheesemaker
Tirones

Re: Carsington Water breakfast run

Postby TheCheesemaker » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Carsington Water breakfast run - Camping option
If you are interested in camping the night before the breakfast run, the Pudding Room campsite is a ten minute trot from the visitor centre. All the usual facilities are available and charges are £5 per tent per night, plus £3 per person per night. I believe there are a couple of pubs nearby, too..!
To book with them, call Angie on 01629 540 413 and mention you are with Long Eaton Running Club; she will then group us together.
:?:

creakinees
Admin

Postby creakinees » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:02 pm

Is there a proposed date for this run?
Ian

TheCheesemaker
Tirones

Postby TheCheesemaker » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Oh blimey! 20 August, Ian. It's also on the LERC facebook page as an event.

creakinees
Admin

Postby creakinees » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:26 am

OK thanks for that. Unfortunately we have a band concert in Stratford that day so won't be able to make it afterall.
I don't get on with Facebook so I'm afraid if its not on the forum I don't get to know about things.
Ian

TheCheesemaker
Tirones

Postby TheCheesemaker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Ok you happy LERCers. Those of you intending to run two laps of Carsington Water; we are aiming for a start time of 07:30. If you want to do a single lap with the others on their second, you are looking at a start time of about 08:45.
Obviously there is no expectation for the two lappers to do their first lap in 75 minutes; this is a social run, after all. All timings are therefore moderately flexible.
Just remember; once all the bacon has gone, it's gone!

Return to “Non-club running”