Long Eaton Learners - Couch to 5k

Just starting running or building back up after being fat (pregnant) - share tips and love here
Woolly
Praefectus Castrorum

Long Eaton Learners - Couch to 5k

Postby Woolly » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:02 pm

As a running club we say cater for those who are able to run from 3/4 miles continuously, not determined by pace and inclusive only with that one requirement.

As we have seen and heard from friends colleagues, at the parkrun - what about those that want to run? Surely we can help guide, advice and nurture the new runners of the area.

Myself, Kevin and Shaun are qualified England athletics run leaders so we have the capability. This is a great chance to give back, encourage new runners and they may or may not join the running club in the long term. But we hope that they do.
We all started somewhere and I certainly wish there was groups like this around when I first started - quoted someone at the parkrun this week.

Hi all Welcome to Long Eaton Learners.
Who are we? : We are Long Eaton Running Club
Why are we running C25K? : We run and we love it so why not help and encourage others to do what we love?
Who Can run it: Well this is a first for us !! So with this in mind at present we can only invite ADULTS only. We are not insured to run with children.
What happens: We don't expect to kill you we want to inspire you, we start with the basics and if your at the back who cares?
After 8 Weeks : Well lets all run the Long Eaton Park Run at West Park lets smile enjoy the run and maybe have some Tea and Cake...
See you all soon
Long Eaton Running Club
Long Eaton Learners

This is an 8 week program, starting on a Monday night 14th September 7pm following the NHS couch to 5k plan and we are not charging for this - its Free.
This is a great opportunity for other members to help out week to week, encourage and support also so if you'd like to get involved let us know. The target is the Long Eaton parkrun (other parkruns are available!)

We will be leafleting this and will appreciate anyone wanting to put flyers out and word of mouth to for our beginners group.
Also announcing this at the Long Eaton parkrun this Saturday with other reasons to promote the club too.

Seeing the amount of new runners at the parkrun alone, there is the want and passion to run which I think and know we can harness to support and help our running community thrive.

Are you with us? Lets make this happen LERC!
Rachel Argent Ladies Captain

Woolly
Praefectus Castrorum

Re: Long Eaton Learners - Couch to 5k

Postby Woolly » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:08 pm

We have an email address for any queries, a facebook page and closed group for members to chat privately.

lel@longeatonrunningclub.com

So if you know of anyone, please share.
Rachel Argent Ladies Captain

Return to “Starting out / getting back in to in”