Club Training 3rd August - Group paced run

Routes for upcoming clubnights appear here
Woolly
Praefectus Castrorum

Club Training 3rd August - Group paced run

Postby Woolly » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Meet from 6.45pm at West park leisure centre, run to set off at 7pm.

Please note there is a fell race on tonight so numbers may be lower than normal.

Group paced running in pairs or more, if no one wants a pace shall skip to the next one

GROUP A : (7:00min pace) and can have 6.30-6.45 pace

GROUP B : (7:30min pace)

GROUP C: (8:00min pace)

GROUP D: (8:30min pace)

GROUP E: (9:00min pace)

GROUP F: (9:30 min pace)

GROUP G: (10.00 min pace)

6.1 MILES

Across the cricket pitch in the park – Exit park via Kings Street – Up Kings Street – Right Derby Road – Crossover at the Pelican lights – Left Midland Street , back of ‘Asda’ store - Path along the fencing – Crossover the new railway bridge – Left across the Railway yard – Path to Toton Sidings – Right path when you pass the brushes – Left path down the field and right path – To Toton Lane – Left Toton Lane to A52 roundabout – Crossover and up Toton Lane – Left New Eaton Road – Left at the bend opposite Rossell Drive, just after Welispring Drive, path on the grassy playing field & garden allotments – To Bessell Lane - Left Bessell – To the end and right/side path along the railway lines – Back to New Railway bridge to crossover – Midland Street – Right Derby Road – Left Kings Street and head back.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3931053

LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER AND BE SAFE
Rachel Argent, Club Secretary

CarrieFleming
Tirones

Re: Club Training 3rd August - Group paced run

Postby CarrieFleming » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:17 am

Hi,

I have just joined the club following the LEL course. Can I come down to the Tuesday and Thursday club runs yet? I don't want to be a burden... However... I want to keep up the group running (losing my Monday Long Eaton Learners and Love Island in the space of 2 weeks is too much to handle LOL).

Tonight I'll probably do my own thing over a couple of miles unless anyone is game for a slow short run with a newbie... but would definitely like to get stuck in from Tuesday if its possible?

I'm minded to not go from zero to hero on distances or get injured pushing it to early and realistically I'd say could manage up to 4 Miles between a 10-10.5min mile pace currently.

My background is that I stopped running regularly for about the last 2 yrs, got more into the gym and but have ran a lot in the past up to half marathon distance so slightly more of a returner than total learner...

Thanks

C

AshokKumarPatel
Princeps Posterior

Postby AshokKumarPatel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:11 pm

HI carrie,

Pop down on Tuesday training session and see how the club functions.

But If you wish to come tonight I am happy to do a 4 mile route with you.

CarrieFleming
Tirones

Postby CarrieFleming » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks - that's a great offer for tonight but I'm going to keep it light tonight need to be on form for our LEL graduation at Park Run!

I will certainly come down Tuesday night for sure what should I do?

Thanks

C

Return to “Club Nights Thursdays”