LERC - Fun Run

A place for LERCers to discuss the 5 mile race. Organisation and such stuff
Pub Landlord
Imaginifer

LERC - Fun Run

Postby Pub Landlord » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:16 pm

I think what the club do is fantastic each year with the races that are organised, but just as a thought would it be worth considering the fun run having a 1 mile lap as well as the 2 mile lap. I can remember starting to run 7 years ago and running a mile was a long way. So having a 2 mile fun run may put of potential entries due to the distance. We are all runners and 2 miles is nothing really, but to the novice that brings out there little ones on the sunday morning it is a very long way and may be that be too far for younger children. So having a 1 mile lap may encourage more people to come and give it a go.

pabc
Admin

Re: LERC - Fun Run

Postby pabc » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:53 pm

very good points, numbers were down in the 2 miler this year so a shorter run might encourage more uptake.

logistically it would be tough, but not impossible. Options would be to replace the 2 mile with a 1 mile or have a separate 1 miler. If someone wants to step up and sort a 1 mile event it would work, but I wouldn't want to take on both.

Phil (or anyone) - do you fancy managing a 1 miler to go either concurrently or before/after with the 2 miler?
Finally got time to return to the club, both virtually and physically, and I'm on the injured step.................

Return to “LERC 5”