LERC 5 - 2012 - Marshalls

A place for LERCers to discuss the 5 mile race. Organisation and such stuff
Pete Sturgess
Optio

Re: LERC 5 - 2012 - Marshalls

Postby Pete Sturgess » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Of course, i will provide all marshalls with a sample of the colour and style of the marshalls bibs so that you can make a good match for your accessories. As soon as i find out where the marshalls bibs are!!

cherylbrown
Discens

Postby cherylbrown » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:30 pm

I know I'm a bit late but my plans for Sunday have changed and I can now help out until about 11:00am if you still need any helpers! :biggrin:

Cheryl

Pete Sturgess
Optio

Postby Pete Sturgess » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Yes, Cheryl, we need you! if you can be at West Park for 8.45am i will let you know exactly where but we can probably use you to marshall the fun run and the first part of the main race so you can be away by 11. Many thanks!!

Pete Sturgess
Optio

Postby Pete Sturgess » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi All! Just a quick reminder about tomorrow for marshalling the 5 miler.

Think you all know we will be meeting at 8.45 at West Park Leisure Centre entrance.

Please be on time as it will be a bit of a rush to get everyone allocated their marshall place and in position before the fun run starts at 9.20am.

The most recent forecast looks like it should be dry but please make sure you have warm and waterproof stuff just in case, and something to drink because you could be out there for a fair while.

It sounds like once we are all cleared up we will be heading to Eaton Farm for a reward beer (well, I will be - hope you can too!)

Thanks again for volunteering - without you there is no race!!

See you tomorrow.

Pete

And if anyone can't sleep and wants to come to West Park at 6am or 7am we will be setting up the course and any help will make it easier. thanks!

Pete Sturgess
Optio

Postby Pete Sturgess » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you!!!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who came and marshalled the 5-miler today, and helped in all sorts of other ways to make the race successful. Your contribution was vital - without you runners would have been disappearing to all corners of Long Eaton never to be seen again!

Hope you enjoyed it, and once again thanks for coming and helping out.

Pete

roballen
Optio

Postby roballen » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:37 pm

All good fun Pete - thanks for taking on the tough task of spinning all the plates at once and making sure everything happened when it was supposed to.

Rob

Sheila
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Postby Sheila » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:00 pm

We really enjoyed marshalling today, don't think we lost any runners so all good!
My name is not really Sheila, or Iris. It's just plain old Laura.

Bag9
Primus Pilus

Postby Bag9 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:39 am

Really enjoyed it nice to be on the other side for a change!
Bagsy Chan
(Carrie)

Broken Compass
Imaginifer

Postby Broken Compass » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 am

Thanks Pete for organising the marshalls & Chris for the entries and all on the day team of helpers without non of you we would not be able to put on the race. But as you can appreciate there is all whole lot more organisation to do to get to race day, I've stressed for many weeks now but the one major booking of good weather for the day came good again!
Thanks again to all and remember we are only a year away from the next one. Hope to see you all there.

Colin

Pete Sturgess
Optio

Postby Pete Sturgess » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 pm

2 things to add to my thanks for your part in the success of the Long Eaton 5:

I put on the board that I was happy to offer marshalls and others who volunteered on the day an hour's sports massage for £15 by way of thanks.If you want to take this up please book a time with me asap and definitely before the end of July.

And you are all welcome to come to the annual bbq at my house on July 7th. It starts fro 2pm but will go on into the evening so come when you can. Don't bring any meat as we will have a whole pig and chicken too, but if you want to contribute anything to the sweets table or the savoury table please do - ideally food you can eat with your fingers!! And something to drink! Partners and kids welcome but if you can let me know an idea of numbers that would be great.

Pete S

Return to “LERC 5”