A Grand Day Out

A place for LERCers to discuss the 5 mile race. Organisation and such stuff
caroline waterhouse
Signifer

A Grand Day Out

Postby caroline waterhouse » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Huge thanks to Rob for organizing such a big team of Marshalls today. Also the team who organised everything else; it's a big undertaking and it all went smoothly so well done all.
Nice also to see so many in the pub afterwards, I'm nursing my sunburn (I know, there's no excuse, but thanks to Karen for getting everyone to put cream on, even if it was too late!). A successful and sociable day.
Sadly, the cakes all went so no bonus sales on Tues at club.

creakinees
Admin

Postby creakinees » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:24 pm

I'd like to add my thanks and congratulations to everyone involved with the race - it seemed to go off very well. Special thanks to Rob and Colin for all their hard work. Many members won't be aware of all the time and effort they've put in meeting the Council and the Police and ensuring the increasing mountain of paperwork was completed - this year was massively different from previous years so well done and thanks to both. At one stage we even thought we'd have to cancel the race so they made a real impact.

Broken Compass
Imaginifer

Postby Broken Compass » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks Ian & thanks to all who helped today, the race would not have taken place without your help, lets look forward to next year and another good race day.

Colin

Rosa Klebb
Milites Gregarius

Postby Rosa Klebb » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:07 pm

There are some positive comments on Runners World forum :happy7:

foxontherun
Pilus Posterior

LE 5 - Aftermath

Postby foxontherun » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:38 am

Further to all previous comments from the LE5 mutual admiration society, I'd like to add mine. As Creaky points out, the race was very nearly cancelled due to Police concerns about safety on the route, but on the day everything went really well. A true team effort, not just from Colin and myself, however I appreciate the nice messages above.

From a personal perspective, I had a tremendously positive response to my request for marshals, too many names to mention and so far I've only received positive feedback. Sincere thanks to everybody who assisted, in the park and around the route.

You can't plan for everything, but council roadworks at 10.00 on a road effectively closed by the council specifically for the race!!

Heavyman
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Postby Heavyman » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:05 am

Health and Safety are stopping everything it seems. We (LERC) did a fantastic team job to get the race on. Lets have even better one next year. All the comments from runners were Positive. Well done to you all, the results were also out very quickly as well. Brilliant
Pound for pound am i the fastest?

chrisity
Tribunus Laticlavius

Postby chrisity » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:28 am

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/ra ... 882358&v=1

are the reviews for this year.

many stress how friendly and well organised it is - that's down to everyone who helps out, particularly the wonderful encouragement from all the marshalls.
wise words are not always easy to find

stella
Primus Pilus

Postby stella » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 pm

I'd just like to echo what everyone else has said, well done especially to colin, rob, chris, pabc - and apparently the 1st woman was the fastest 5 mile time this year, good stuff and a great day all round. Thanks to Phil for arranging the beer, loads of positive comments on fetch and rw so good news.
my name is clive allison, i am not a girl......well only at weekends :-)

hero of switzerland
Signifer

Postby hero of switzerland » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Pic and story on the female winner here:

http://www.athletics-leics.com/running.html

hero of switzerland
Signifer

Postby hero of switzerland » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:20 pm

That pic is not from our race tho'...

pabc
Admin

Postby pabc » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:45 pm

I should be getting hold of the race photos from Colin Rowe soon - we'll put low res on the site and let people request hi-res for free via email.
Finally got time to return to the club, both virtually and physically, and I'm on the injured step.................

caroline waterhouse
Signifer

Postby caroline waterhouse » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:45 pm

We raised £175 on the cake stall. Superb effort. Thanks Squealer, Mon & Jodie for running it and all the bakers.

Return to “LERC 5”