LIFE OF RUNNING SHOES

Covering stuff like running shoes, Garmins etc etc??
BADWOLF
Imaginifer

LIFE OF RUNNING SHOES

Postby BADWOLF » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:05 pm

I recently bought a pair of Saucony Tornado 4's from DW sports that have developed holes in both trainers at the little toe
section of the shoe.
I bought these trainers in June of this year and have ran less than 300 miles in them and only subjected them to road use as I have a seperate pair for trail use.
They are also the correct shoe for my running gait (support shoes) and in the short 5 years I have been running this is the first time this has happened. :?:
Before I return them to the store I would just like to hear peoples views on the matter just in case it's just natural wear and tear on the shoes :-({|=
If not all hell will break loose!! :evil:
Opinions and advice very welcome :biggrin:

boyband6666
Signifer

Re: LIFE OF RUNNING SHOES

Postby boyband6666 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:12 pm

It depends how you have doen those miles. I have one pair that look nearly new, and have done 400 miles. Another pair just hit 220 and are wrecked. The difference? The first pair are really cusioned and only used when I want a recovery run, or gentle jog. The latter I used last year and in marathon training for all races (inc the marathon), and tempo runs.

If you are running fast in them, you will tear them up. Also if you weigh more than previously, you go through them faster (thankfully I've gone the other way!)

BADWOLF
Imaginifer

Postby BADWOLF » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Hmmm! Weight may be an issue! :oops:
Used them for both racing and general and been trying to
Increase speed

Shep
Aquilifer

Postby Shep » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm

I would take them back to DW sports with the receipt. Three months a short time for them to fail.
Could they be too narrow for your feet? Did DW shoe staff advise you on the model and size to choose?
I once sent some Asics back to Asics UK office. I complained how they had holed in the upper with little use. Asics were not helpful or interested. I still buy their shoes but am considering changing as the durability in my mind is getting less and less.
In contrast, I contacted Salomon about my wife's shoes which had split uppers. I was told my contract was with the supplier. I contacted Sports Direct who were most helpful. I mailed them to Worksop and received a full refund.
Shep. Now I do love a bit of Gorgonzola.

BADWOLF
Imaginifer

Postby BADWOLF » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:27 am

Cheers mate!

Return to “Gear”