Anyone used compression tights?

Covering stuff like running shoes, Garmins etc etc??
Wyxie
Tirones

Anyone used compression tights?

Postby Wyxie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:36 am

Has anyone used compression tights either for running or recovery and/or have any opinions on them?

I'm increasing distance at the moment and finding it's taking a long time to recover from runs which feel basically ok at the time. I had an accident a few years ago where I got my left leg trapped and I have to be careful of the hip and knee. I also get IT band pain after running longer distances and the leg then just feels weak. Physio says the leg is basically recovered but she has suggested support while running would be sensible, ie compression tights, but I don't really know where to start looking for something like this.

Any thoughts appreciated.

(Feeling old today).

chrisity
Tribunus Laticlavius

Re: Anyone used compression tights?

Postby chrisity » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:28 pm

I can't give you any help i'm afraid, but if i were you i'd join the Fetcheveryone website (free) at http://www.fetcheveryone.com/ and either have a look at http://www.fetcheveryone.com/forum__509 ... ion_tights or just start a new thread and ask the question. Fetcheveryone is a wonderful site for anything running related.

(feeling older than you i bet)

Chris Robson
wise words are not always easy to find

Wyxie
Tirones

Postby Wyxie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks, will do.

boyband6666
Signifer

Postby boyband6666 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:39 pm

If I've had a really tough long run, often I'll wear my compression socks for the rest of the day. Never really been a fan for general running (too hot and I don't like the way they feel), but as you say, I think they might help for recovery.

Mine are just More Mile ones though, nothing special.

Wyxie
Tirones

Postby Wyxie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks. That's really helpful.

Wyxie
Tirones

Postby Wyxie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Just to add I got some and to my surprise (I was sceptical) they've made a big difference. It's really noticeable how much easier my legs - especially the slightly dodgier one - feel after running. They are hot though, which is starting to become an issue as the weather gets warmer.

(It does also add about 20 minutes on to the time for any run to get the bloody things on and off again!)

Return to “Gear”