Diet and Running

The off-topic area. All the drivel you'd normal spout in the pub goes here.
wilko
Princeps Posterior

Diet and Running

Postby wilko » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:56 am

There was an interesting listen on Sunday at 1230 on Radio 4's the Food Programme and was about diet and running and amongst the contributors was the ultra-runner Scott Jurek. It could be repeated or catch it on iPlayer but a recommended listen. Also the books Born to Run by Christopher McDougall and Jurek's Eat and Run take interesting viewpoints about diet and philosophy of (ultra-) long-distance running.

Gedge Monster
Signifer

Re: Diet and Running

Postby Gedge Monster » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:57 pm

boyband6666
Signifer

Postby boyband6666 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Will have a listed as I know Jurek is very much an outlier, but it'll be interested to hear what they have to say!

boyband6666
Signifer

Postby boyband6666 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:18 am

Finally had a chance to have a listen. Really interesting and well presented - they let each group give the sales pitch to their ideas, without concluding anything, which is right given the uncertainty.

I did leave feeling a bit more confused in some ways, but quite happy in others - there really isn't a magic diet that is best is what it seems. People seem to do all sorts of different things, and it works well for them, so finding what works best for you seems to be the key!

Also eating a burrito at 6.30 a mile? I don't even know how I would try and do that!

Return to “Down the Pub”