Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

The off-topic area. All the drivel you'd normal spout in the pub goes here.
User avatar
chrisity
Tribunus Laticlavius
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:55 am

Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby chrisity » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:22 am

Annual bike ride Sunday August 30th.

Meeting at 1.00pm at The Navigation, Breaston, to leave by 1.30pm, then on to the Harrington at Thulston, The White Hart at Aston-on-Trent, the Coopers Arms at Weston-on-Trent, then down the canal to Shardlow for the Navigation and/or the Malt Shovel. From there to Cavendish Bridge and the Old Crown, before going to Sawley and the Nags Head or The Harrington Arms Beer Festival (depends how crowded it is). Any further pubs by individual arrangement. Drinking alcohol is not essential but recommended. About 15 miles plus whatever distance you need to do from the start and finish.

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-276807 for the route.

This is a top notch day out, featuring the fifth annual running of the race around the fishing pond at the Coopers Arms. We usually meet up with a few old members at the Nags Head.

Hybrid or Mountain Bike probably most suitable, but you can go by road rather than canal to Shardlow from Weston if you prefer.

Chris Robson
wise words are not always easy to find

janeattheback
Princepales
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm
Location: Derby

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby janeattheback » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Sounds like fun so count me in!
Jane Newbold

winnie23
Immunes
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 pm
Location: Chilwell

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby winnie23 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Cool, count me and Karen in please. May also do race around the lake again. :cool:
christian

User avatar
chrisity
Tribunus Laticlavius
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:55 am

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby chrisity » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:00 pm

I'll be there, who else is interested?
wise words are not always easy to find

User avatar
Woolly
Praefectus Castrorum
Posts: 2577
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 am

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby Woolly » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:24 pm

I have a bike!! Never had one before so I could join you too!
Rachel Argent, Club Secretary

User avatar
chrisity
Tribunus Laticlavius
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:55 am

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby chrisity » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:30 pm

I'm not sure if the canal path is suitable for stabilisers Rach :-?
wise words are not always easy to find

User avatar
chrisity
Tribunus Laticlavius
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:55 am

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby chrisity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:48 am

Final reminder of the bike ride tomorrow, 1.00 at the Navigation in Breaston to leave by 1.30. Weather forecast is 30% Chance of showers, so 70% chance of no showers, very light wind.

See you all there.

Chris
wise words are not always easy to find

janeattheback
Princepales
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm
Location: Derby

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby janeattheback » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:45 am

Sorry I'll be missing this. We've been invited out to lunch. Have a good time and keep out of trouble!
Jane Newbold

User avatar
chrisity
Tribunus Laticlavius
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:55 am

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby chrisity » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 am

Sorry to say but i won't be riding today - a horrible burning throat and hacking cough that i wouldn't wish on anybody. Have a good day and enjoy yourselves.
wise words are not always easy to find

User avatar
Woolly
Praefectus Castrorum
Posts: 2577
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 am

Re: Annual Bank Holiday Bike Ride, Sunday August 30th

Postby Woolly » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 am

So who is actually going now?
Rachel Argent, Club Secretary


Return to “Down the Pub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest